At the end of January I set my goals for 2021 looking for a more productive year. This is my March progress report.
You can check those progress reports:
- Write down my projects and researches in this blog;
- Be able to have a daily conversation in Japanese;
- Have all my photos edited. Have some of them at Shutterstock;
- Have Home Assistant fully functional at home with some automations concluded;
- Have a NAS server running with all our data organized;
- Learn to write in Arduino and make some DIY projects;
- Do periodical physical exercises;
- Read more books.
Many things had stopped this month. I didn’t study Japanese at all, my Yoga activities are on hold and, I didn’t begin to edit my photos and my reading slowed down.
In the opposite direction, I keep writing a lot of drafts for my blog, and I’ve been learning a LOT of SQL, Python, Bash, and how to deal with data.
The decision of halting some activities and focus on others were well though, so I don’t feel sad for the exchange. I believe that this “phase” will last for more 1 or 2 months, and then I’ll be able to resume my goals.
What I could do better in April?
Avoid postponing my Yoga. Yoga is a activity that I must do to avoid pain.
Write down my projects and researches in this blog
Goal for this month: 4 posts
Achieved this month: 4/4 (100%)
Total achieved: 10/49 (20.4%)
Be able to have a daily conversation in Japanese
As I said on my overall review, it’s on halt.
Goal for this month: 6 hours
Achieved this month: 0/24 (0%)
Total achieved: 0/288 (0%)
Have all my photos edited. Have some of them at Shutterstock
This activity is also on halt.
Goal for this month: 0 hours
Achieved this month: 0/0 (%)
Total achieved: 0/344 (0%)
Have Home Assistant fully functional at home with some automations concluded
New devices shall be implemented in the forthcoming months and further modifications will be done. I just don’t tick it as complete because there’s always something else to implement or edit.
Total achieved: 90%
Have a NAS server running with all our data organized
My setup is done and nowadays I have a LOT of cronjobs running every day/hour. I’ll talk about them in other posts.
Total achieved: 100%
Learn to write in Arduino and make some DIY projects
This activity is also on halt, despite my readings of DIY projects sometime.
Goal for this year: 6 project
Total achieved: 0/6 (0%)
Do periodical physical exercises
Goal for this month: 12 days
Achieved this month: 4/12 (33.3%)
Total achieved: 17/120 (14.16%)
Goal for this month: 12 days
Achieved this month: 12/12 (100%)
Total achieved: 21/120 (17.5%)
Read more books
I’m not sure if I’ll complete any of these books until the end of the month, so I won’t count it now.
Goal for this month: 2 books
Achieved this month: 1/2 (50%)
Total achieved: 7/24 (29.16%)
- Our printer now can send scanned pdf by e-mail or save it on the NAS Server. I also have automated OCRmyPDF to automatically OCR the scanned PDF’s that are saved on the NAS Server.
- I also automated Tesseract to scan a folder on the server for image files to OCR it. It’s very convenient for be because I’ve been working with a lot of images that must be typed.
- I implemented a script to backup and auto-forward e-mails from a Exchange mail server that we have to work with.
- I optimized my script for web scraping WTO and some japanese websites create daily reports if anything changes.
- I’ve been working with the web scraping data in SQLite (because it’s easier) and trying to create charts and reports using Metabase and Python.