At the end of January I set my goals for 2021 looking for a more productive year. This is my February progress report.
You can check those progress reports:
- Write down my projects and researches in this blog;
- Be able to have a daily conversation in Japanese;
- Have all my photos edited. Have some of them at Shutterstock;
- Have Home Assistant fully functional at home with some automations concluded;
- Have a NAS server running with all our data organized;
- Learn to write in Arduino and make some DIY projects;
- Do periodical physical exercises;
- Read more books.
I’m still avoiding my studies in Japanese and I could do better on my Yoga and Meditation activities. On the other hand, I read a lot this month and also worked on some “bonus” project. I also began classes on Lightroom to work better and faster on the program.
What I could do better in March?
Avoid postponing my Yoga and meditation activities.
Write down my projects and researches in this blog
Goal for this month: 4 posts
Achieved this month: 4/4 (100%)
Total achieved: 6/49 (12.24%)
Be able to have a daily conversation in Japanese
I’m meant to being studying Japanese but I just couldn’t. This goal was over-ambitious. When I start studying languages, I need to focus on this task and only after that I’m supposed to do other activies.
On February, I’ve been organizing documents, the NAS Server, the Home Assistant Setup and other stuffs that didn’t allow me to focus. Then, I decided to begin studying on March.
Goal for this month: 6 hours
Achieved this month: 0/24 (0%)
Total achieved: 0/288 (0%)
Have all my photos edited. Have some of them at Shutterstock
Goal for this month: 0 hours
Achieved this month: 0/0 (%)
Total achieved: 0/344 (0%)
Have Home Assistant fully functional at home with some automations concluded
“Home Assistant Supervised” is running smoothly on TrueNAS thanks to Petrica on Home Assistant Community solution.
I can say now that my Home Assistant setup is almost complete. “Almost” because I think that there will always be something else to change, improve or automate.
New devices shall be implemented in the forthcoming months and further modifications will be done.
Total achieved: 90%
Have a NAS server running with all our data organized
My most important data has been backed up on Backblaze and external hard drives.
Despite some plugins that I want to try, the setup is done.
Total achieved: 100%
Learn to write in Arduino and make some DIY projects
I’m postponing my Arduino studies because I’m focused on our NAS Server.
Goal for this year: 6 project
Total achieved: 0/6 (0%)
Do periodical physical exercises
Goal for this month: 12 days
Achieved this month: 10/12 (83.3%)
Total achieved: 13/120 (10.83%)
Goal for this month: 12 days
Achieved this month: 6/12 (50%)
Total achieved: 9/120 (7.5%)
Read more books
Goal for this month: 2 books
Achieved this month: 5/2 (250%)
Total achieved: 6/24 (25%)
- The Simple Suspender – I created a PHP script to suspend my tabs on Google Chrome due to Google blocking The Great Suspender plugin.
- Web scraping – I began studying and trying to use web scraping. For now, I’m working with JS (bookmarklet) and Google Script to get data from the loaded page to a Google Sheets.